Fair Government and Voting Rights
Issues We Face
- Voter suppression
- Election protection
- Money in politics
Our Advocacy – Local, State, and Federal Laws and Policies
- Support federal HR1/S1 “For the People Act”
- Addressing voter access, election integrity, election security, political spending, and ethics for the three branches of government
- Support HR 4 “Voting Rights Advancement Act/John Lewis Voting Rights Act”
- Establishing new criteria for determining which states and political subdivisions must obtain pre-clearance before changes to voting practices (Section 2 of the 1965 Voting Rights Act)
- Support Constitutional Amendment for the Right to Vote (was HR Res 93)
- Joint resolution granting every U.S. citizen of legal voting age the fundamental right to vote in any public election held in the jurisdiction in which the citizen resides.
- Support Washington, D.C. Statehood
- Support CA clean money campaign and clean money efforts
- Support paper ballots, audit trails, election protection reforms
- Support restoration of voting rights to people with prior felony convictions
- Support automatic voter registration, early voting, mail in ballots
- Support non-partisan redistricting post-census
Education Helps Us Become Aware
Join us for our panel discussions, speakers, and movies, currently via Zoom.
Direct Services Set Us In Action
- We form action groups to write postcards and letters, and make phone calls on our advocacies – to voters and to our elected officials
- We sponsor or participate in online rallies and events (virtual or in-person)
- We support Center for Common Ground/Reclaim Our Vote Democracy Centers in Georgia and other states.
Partnerships Make Us Formidable
- SFPPP (SF Peninsula People Power)
- Meets monthly at UUFRC
- Center for Common Ground/Reclaim Our Vote
- phonebanks, postcards, texts voters of color and supports civic engagement and Democracy Centers in voter suppression states
How To Get Involved
To get involved in any of the above issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.