On this Sunday we celebrate the Celtic holiday of Brigid – originally a feast for the Irish goddess of both sacred fire and sacred water. As we rouse ourselves from the darkness of winter, Brigid offers us the chance to think about our hopes and … read more.
Join Our Electronic Communications List
Hike to the top of Mount Umunhum February 1 Mount Umunhum is one of the highest peaks in ...
Book Discussion Group 2020 Our UUFRC Book Discussion Group is a great way ...
Summary Board Minutes: December 17, 2019 Consent Agenda: The Minister’s report, Admin. Report, Search Committee Report, and ...
Summary Board Minutes: November 26, 2019 Minutes of the UUFRC Board Meeting, November 26, 2019 Attending: Rev. Gretchen ...
Summary Board Minutes: October 29, 2019 Summary Minutes of the UUFRC Board Meeting, October 29, 2019 Attending: Rev. Gretchen ...
Woods Working: “Samhain: Into the Dark” At this time of year, as the waning days seem ...
2019 Annual UUFRC Silent Auction Catalog is Available The 2019 Annual UUFRC Silent Auction is this Saturday, ...
About Unitarian Universalists
- Carpets Cleaned Monday, 01/20/2020 Block & Game Rooms plus Back Lounge are getting their carpets cleaned Monday, 1/20 and [...]
- Youth and MUUGs - MLK Day of Service Monday, 01/20/2020 All of UUFRC is invited to participate in the Peninsula Multifaith Coalition's Martin Luther King, [...]
- Finance Committee Monday, 01/20/2020 The Finance Committee meets the 3rd Monday of every month in the Back Lounge. Do [...]
- NVC Practice Group Monday, 01/20/2020 This practice group is for anyone who has completed at least an Introductory NVC course.
- Untangling Trauma Monday, 01/20/2020 Four sessions: 1/6, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27
- Mens Group Tuesday, 01/21/2020 The UUFRC Mens Group meets 1st & 3rd Tuesdays, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, September through June [...]
- Guitar Group (2nd Sunday practice) Wednesday, 01/22/2020
Sources of Wisdom
It is not impermanence that makes us suffer. What makes us suffer is wanting things to be permanent when they are not.
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese Buddhist monk and peace activist
Sunday Services, 10:30am
Search Committee Updates
- Beyond Categorical Thinking Scheduled for September 21st, 9-12Beyond Categorical Thinking program designed to encourage inclusive thinking and help prevent unfair discrimination in the search process for a new minister. There will be ...
- Announcing Fall Cottage Events In the fall, the primary work of the Search Committee is collecting input from as many UUFRC members and friends as possible to understand what the congregation is hoping for ...
- Give me children, and I (and they) shall dieKim Hampton As the fight over reproductive rights continues, not enough is being said about racial disparities in health care.
- The call of our faithNancy Palmer Jones, Karin Lin What in Unitarian Universalism’s central theology requires us to work toward building multicultural, antiracist Beloved Community?