Listen Live and Support UUFRC! How do we hold one another in grace as we face the uncertainty of these times of chaos? Let’s explore how we might do this with compassion. We have no precedents. We are on our own, but we … read more.
Join Our Electronic Communications List
UUFRC Building to remain closed until at least May 3, 2020 April 1, 2020 Dear Beloved UUFRC Community, This is an update ...
Woods Working: Phishing and Communicating I got a phone call this morning from UUFRC’s ...
UUFRC Board of Trustees response to COVID-19 March 12, 2020 Dear Beloved UUFRC Community, With much sadness and ...
Summary Board Minutes: February 25, 2020 Attending: Rev. Gretchen Woods, Steve Hill, David Vallerga, David ...
Woods Working “Generosity in Churches” Oh, NO! Here comes the pledge pitch, ...
Summary Board Minutes: January 28, 2020 Summary Minutes of the UUFRC Board Meeting, January 28, 2020 Attending: ...
Hike to the top of Mount Umunhum February 1 Mount Umunhum is one of the highest peaks in ...
Chalice Camp Coming
UUFRC Chalice Camp coming summer 2020!
The Youth and Family Committee is launching a brand new program this summer: a 5 day summer day camp for children in 1st through 7th grades–Chalice Camp–July 6-10, 2020! This camp introduces UU values and heritage and is a great way to build our UUFRC community.
The camp website and registration are now available. Early bird registration discounts continue until March 31st. Sign up soon! For more information contact Beth Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chalice Camp Co-Director, or Derby Davidson (email@example.com), DRE.
About Unitarian Universalists
- Access to UUFRC building is SUSPENDED until 5/3/2020 Thursday, 03/12/2020 - 05/03/2020 Please talk to your meeting / event coordinator for information about the status of your [...]
- Choir Rehearsal Thursday, 04/02/2020 This meeting is taking place via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/376092570
- SF Peninsula People Power Thursday, 04/02/2020 Due to church building closure, please attend the meeting via Zoom. Please contact Nancy Goodban [...]
- Spiritual Voice Writing Group Saturday, 04/04/2020 Due to church building closure, please attend the meeting via Zoom. Please contact Kate Hand [...]
- Children's Sunday School via Zoom Sunday, 04/05/2020 Derby will send out link via the UUFRC Parents IO group; contact him if you [...]
- Worship Service Sunday, 04/05/2020 Live Stream
- Social Action Committee Sunday, 04/05/2020 Due to church building closure, please attend the meeting via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/525400323 The Social [...]
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach – and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
– Henry David Thoreau, American essayist, transcendentalist, & Unitarian
Sunday Services, 10:30am
Search Committee Updates
- Beyond Categorical Thinking Scheduled for September 21st, 9-12Beyond Categorical Thinking program designed to encourage inclusive thinking and help prevent unfair discrimination in the search process for a new minister. There will be ...
- Announcing Fall Cottage Events In the fall, the primary work of the Search Committee is collecting input from as many UUFRC members and friends as possible to understand what the congregation is hoping for ...
- Baton Rouge church quickly opens childcare center for healthcare workersElaine McArdle In one weekend, the Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, closed its building, shifted to online worship, and welcomed a childcare program for healthcare workers.
- Congregations adapt to COVID-19 by going onlineElaine McArdle Offering worship services and other opportunities to connect online is “a forced exercise in emergence,” says the Rev. Karen Johnston, and “an opportunity to find people who need us.”