Join the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Redwood City as an EDUCATOR and MENTOR in an exciting new program for youth. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career or pre-service teacher to develop skills while earning extra money and developing relationships in the Redwood City area.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Redwood City is a welcoming and inclusive community of individuals who seek spiritual meaning, empower personal growth, build connections with our neighbors, act for justice, and inspire others to join us. We welcome and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, cultures and identities.
- Supervise education programs aligned with Unitarian Universalist philosophy over Classroom and Community Sundays. https://www.uua.org/beliefs/what-we-believe/principles
- Teach lessons from “Soul Matters” Curriculum to children grades K-3 or 4-8, 2 Sundays per month. https://www.soulmatterssharingcircle.com/re-resources.html
- Mentor, engage and support children grades K-3 or 4-8 during churchwide activities 2 Sundays per month. On these Sundays, children choose activities and join adults in projects that include music, service and art. The Educator/Mentor will help children choose what to join, facilitate engagement and transition them to play when attention lags.
This is a part-time position for a minimum of four (4) hours per week, Sunday mornings, beginning August 28, 2022 with the possibility of expanded hours. Starting salary $30-40 per hour.
The successful candidate will have:
- Enthusiasm and experience working with children and youth.
- A nurturing teaching style.
- A willingness and excitement to be mentored by experienced educators.
- An interest in moral and social development.
- Flexibility and a willingness to collaborate.
- Classroom management skills.
- Comfort working with youth with learning differences.
- Ability to welcome and nurture all families.
- Ability and willingness to tailor lesson plans to class interests.
- High school diploma
- Experience working with children (teaching, camp counseling, coaching etc…)
- Current CPR certification or willingness to get certified.
- Background check paid for by UUFRC.
- 2 references attesting to excellence.
- Agreement to abide by Safety and COVID Policies.
Teaching certification, college credits, or diploma are a plus.
To apply send letter and resume to jobs@uufrc