Children & Youth Education Pre-K to Grade 12
We want our children to develop a strong sense of personal values and to feel confident in expressing and acting upon them. Our Religious Education (RE) and Youth Group program for children and youth is grounded in Unitarian Universalism’s Seven Principles. It is informed by the spiritual practices and wisdom of the world’s religions including Earth-centered traditions. It looks to the words and deeds of prophetic people and to our own direct experience. Our goal is to provide children with a framework they can build upon to help them grow up to become responsible adults who make wise decisions about what to believe and how to live. We encourage our young people to define and live their values and to make a difference in the world.
- Unitarian Universalism’s Seven Principles
- The Seven Rainbow-colored Principles for kids
- Unitarian Universalism’s Six Sources
Our Virtual Program for 2020-2021
We are partnering with UU San Mateo (UUSM) this academic year to provide joint online Religious Education (RE) and Youth Group programs for children and youth due to Covid-19.
- Chalice Children—PreK to Grade 1: Saturdays 9:30-10:00 am, once a month
- Explorers—Grades 2 to 5: Sundays Noon-1:00 pm, twice a month
- Trekkers — Grades 6 to 8: Sundays 4:00-5:00 pm, twice a month
- YRUU Youth Group— Grades 9 to 12: Sundays 5:30-6:45, twice a month
Zoom links and dates are sent to registered families. Dates and times are listed at the right side and on the facility calendar.
We welcome all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identification, affectional preference or sexual orientation, age, physical or mental challenge, social or economic status.
For more information contact our Interim Director of Youth & Family Programming, Lillian Svec