Working for Justice
A House Without Walls
At the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Redwood City, we believe in living our faith in action. Justice is at the core of our faith. At UUFRC, we are called to make a positive difference in our wider communities.
Our work includes service, education, advocacy, and public witness (the spiritual practice of taking a public position in support of justice). We work to serve, to raise awareness, and to support and partner with people who face injustice. We advocate, organize, and act for justice.
- Come to our Social Action Committee meetings. Learn more about what we have going on at this time. Bring your ideas and share projects you’re passionate about.
- We are proud to be a Sanctuary Congregation in support of our neighbors and friends. There is much to do in this area, and we could use your help.
- Our Social Justice platforms harness efforts towards equality for all, including economic justice, immigrant justice, racial justice, LGBTQIA justice, true gender equality, voting rights and fair government, and more. We believe in the inherent worth and dignity of every individual, and that we all deserve to be treated equally and fairly.
- Community Action projects reach out in the schools and to other worthy charitable organizations, in support of their efforts. Together, we are larger than on our own.
- We celebrate our commonalities with our Interfaith Partners, and join in common goals.
- We are committed to Environmental Justice, taking care of our world and leaving it a better place for those who come next.
Please join us in the causes that speak most to you, and live your faith in action.