An LGBTQ+ Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
This year, join us in person or online for these Welcoming events.
- Oct 7: Service: Gender Bender
- Oct 11: Day of Observance: Coming Out Day
- Nov 20: Day of Observance: Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Learning Journey Class: Beyond Binaries – The Struggle For Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, And Transgender Equality (Winter quarter, more info soon)
- Apr 12: Day of Observance: Day of Silence
- Project to donate towards an LGBTQ+ focused community group or project
- Spring Pride service, date tbd
Side with love, and come show your support for our LGBT+ members, friends, community and loved ones! Let them know how welcomed and valued they are. To learn more or get involved, contact Sarah Skovlund.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people are at stake.
We recognize that there’s always something more to learn, and remain open to deepening our understanding about the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people.