UUFRC Program Council Minutes  September 13, 2021   7:00 – 8:30pm via Zoom

Attendees:  Alex, Lori, Martha, Rob Rev. Brian, absent Sally

PC Cluster Groups

Operations (Alex): Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE

Congregational Life (Lori):  Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team

Justice & Outreach (Sally):  Roosevelt Tutoring, Social Action, Interfaith

Sunday Services (Martha):  MOCA, Music, Worship

Faith Formation:  Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey, Youth & Family

Governance (Rob):  Board of Trustees, Program Council, Finance, Personnel, Stewardship

June Minutes approved.

Check in about the first hybrid service:  Martha & Alex – checking people in at outdoor tables went smoothly; Rob – video-recording was good with appreciation for many volunteers;  Rev. Brian – nice to see congregants in person in the Sanctuary.  Clarification of seating rules is needed.  Lori – Zoom people did feel included. 

Chair Update

Need a liaison for Faith Formation cluster.

Scheduling Auction & Pledge Drive:  Pledge Drive will be one week, either Jan. 23 or Feb. 6, 2022.               Suggested dates for Auction – a mini-auction the 2nd or 3rd week of March, 2022, and then full Auction Oct. 2022. 

Committee assignments:  Covid Task Force – Alex,  Youth & Family – Lori, Strategic Planning – Martha

Cluster update

Aesthetics committee has approval to purchase new couches for front lounge.

Covid Task Force will continue to have weekly meetings for now.

Building committee is looking in to heat pumps.


Discussion

Wayside Pulpit – posters created by committees/groups will be posted for 2 months.  October/November – SAC.  December/January – Connections Committee. 

Other groups to ask for poster ideas – Worship, Learning Journey, Spiritual Autobiography, Youth & Family.  Some may want to collaborate on a poster. 

Yearly Calendar – Needs updating.  Program Council to review & add to it at least every other month.  It is not for the general Fellowship.  Only a few people have access for editing.  Useful?  It is to let others know what each committee is doing.

Building Committee – need to recruit a new Chair; possibly more of a coordinator of projects and work days rather than someone with specific “contractor” skills. 

All Ages Activities – Martha reported that 4-5 activities through the church year are feasible.  Maeve suggested some new ideas and some repeats of popular activities from last year.  Simplify by having people use their own supplies.  Need someone to do the slide show.  Ask Connections Committee to take the lead, help publicize and send directions for the activity.

Action Items

All – Liaisons to set up meetings with their clusters and five report at PC meetings. 

                October meeting – Rob to report on Governance cluster; Alex on Operations

                November meeting – Sally report on Justice and Outreach

Alex – ask David S. to be liaison for Faith Formation cluster

All – look at Yearly Calendar and suggest edits

Rob – start researching for a Building Committee chair.

Martha – Create a document that can be used to invite contributions for the Wayside Pulpit

Alex – send note to Connections Committee chair to add Wayside Pulpit contribution to their meeting agenda

Alex – Ask CUUE to address the question from Worship about keeping the link to UUSM & Coastside on our website.

Next Meeting: October 5 at 7pm on Zoom

Minutes submitted by Lori L.