UUFRC Program Council Minutes  Retreat  August 7, 2022  1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Alex Stagner’s home

Attendees;  Alex, Rob, Joyce, Sally, and Brian    absent:  Martha

PC Cluster Groups

Operations ( Alex):  Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE

Congragational Life (Joyce):  Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team

Justice and Outreach (Sally):  Social Action, Roosevelt Tutoring, Interfaith

Food Distribution

Sunday Services (Martha):   MOCA, Music, Worship

Faith Formation (Alex, interim):  Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey,

Youth and Family, Zine

Governances (Rob):  Board of Trustees, Program Council, Finance, Personnel,


Chair Update
Block Room:  In September and October the Program Council will check in on the Block Room at the beginning and end of the service to make sure it is covered by two staff and to see if any help is needed.

Lola Caldwell will start helping with childcare in the Block Room beginning in September.  Mirabel will continue and Dulce will be there every week.

COVID Task Force:  From 9:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. all people in building will need to be masked.  We are not checking vaccination status any more.

Planning:  Annual Reports

Discussion of changing the timing and content of the Annual Report.  We decided that this issue should be linked to the Strategic Plan and referred to that committee.  Our suggestion is to have it include the highlights of the year and visions for the next year.  The timing of the Annual Report should also be reconsidered and perhaps be due in November rather than late spring because spring is so busy.  Alex will write up a summary of this discussion and send it to the Board for their consideration.


Anti-racism ethos.  We would like to see this approach permeate our congregation.

Planning – Goals 2022-23

Advanced Leadership Development:  We plan to develop an Advanced Leadershp Training which will include, among other items, how to run a hybrid meeting.  Brian will draw an outline of elements it should include.  Alex is interested in working on a Task Force to plan this and he will check withJohn Cooney and Chris Stoval to see if they are also interested.

PC Leadership

Rob will sign the checks of Committees which do not have a chair

Creating Agenda and running the meetings:

September – Alex

October – Rob

November – Martha

December – Joyce

January- Sally

Updating the Cluster Groups: Alex will handle this

Wayside Pulpit:  It is up for 2 months.  Martha suggested we perhaps have one of them created at an Action Sunday.

Draft schedule for the Wayside Pulpit: 

September/October – Brian

November/December – Connections (Joyce contact)

January/February – Social Action (Sally contact)

March/April – Worship (Martha contact)

May/June – Action Sunday

July/August – Board

Next Meeting:

Tuesday, September 6

7 p.m.