UUFRC Program Council Minutes June 7, 2022 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Zoom

UUFRC Program Council Minutes    June 7, 2022    7:00 – 8:30 p.m.  via zoom

Attendees:  Alex, Martha, Rob, Brian, and Sally  absent:  Lori

PC Cluster Groups

Operations (Alex):  Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE

Congregational Life (Joyce):  Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team

Justice and Outreach (Sally):  Social Action, Roosevelt Tutoring, Interfaith

Food Distribution

Sunday Services (Martha):  MOCA, Music, Worship

Faith Formation (Alex, interim):  Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey,

Youth and Family, Zine

Governance (Rob): Board of Trustees, Program Council, Finance, Personnel,


May minutes were approved.

Chair Update

COVID Task Force:  If we are in the building and others are there we need to be masked. 

Youth Con:  It may happen in mid-August.  We can give the space.  They may need to sign a contract. Derby can be a resource as he has hosted this in the past.  

Program Council July and August:  No meeting in July.  In August we will have a retreat at Alex’s home on August 6 from 1 – 5.

Cluster Group Updates

September:  Alex, Faith Formation

October:  Sally, Justice and Outreach

November:  Martha, MOCA, Music, Worship

December:  Joyce, Congregational Life

YRUUP Youth Con.  Supervision

We will sponsor it and the following members will check in on it:

8/18:  Alex

8/19  Martha

8/20 Rob

Block Room Supervision in August

We signed up to check in on the Block Room employees in August (before and after)

August 7:

August 14:  Sally

August 21:  Sally

August 28:

Ice Cream Social

We discussed having it again and felt it would be good to have when we have the first MOCA in September.

New Slide for Pre-Service

Rob will look at our current slide and see if it needs changing.  Brian suggests maybe a video on the web or to the fellowship.  This could possibly be how committees are advertised.

Safety Committee

Just before the pandemic surfaced John Cooney, Rob Fawcett, Steve Hill and Alex met to talk about a safety plan and policy.  The main concerns are potential disruptive behavior and/or an active shooter.  Alex suggests that the Board need to give more direction this subject.  Brian adds that the roles of  who does what need to be clear (staff and greeters, etc.). 

Next step:  Alex will contact Rob, John, and Steve as well as recruiting a Worship Committee member to as a group draft a disruptive behavior policy which Brian will take to the Board for discussion. 

Pastoral Care Training

Brian announced there will be another Pastoral Care training in August or September open to fellowship members.  First Aid Mental Health will once again be part of it.

Committee Members

Gigi would like to know the members of committees.  She will create a folder of committee names and Alex will discuss the maintenance of the folder with her.

Next Meeting:  

Program Council Retreat

Saturday, August 6

1 – 5 p.m.