Book Discussion Group
The Book Discussion Group meets the first Monday of the month at 7:30 for a lively talk about our reading. Books are chosen by member consensus – both fiction and nonfiction, usually current, but we read some classics, too. Everyone is welcome to join throughout the year; we hope to see you virtually during one of our Zoom discussions.
For more information, contact Kaye Bonney or Leslie Vallerga.
For February 1, we are reading Anxious People by Fredrik Backman.
Looking at real estate isn’t usually a life-or-death situation, but an apartment open house becomes just that when a failed bank robber bursts in and takes a group of strangers hostage. This charming, poignant novel tells about a crime that never took place, a would-be bank robber who disappears into thin air, and eight extremely anxious strangers who find they have more in common than they think.
This year we are reading:
- February 1: Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- Note date change! March 15: An Indigenous People’s History of The United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- April 5: White Ivy by Susie Yang
- May 3: 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
- June 7: The Book of V by Anna Solomon
- July 5: Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson