[This is the Announcements page. Also see the Upcoming Events page.]
- January 24, 2019
We had a great day December 8. There were 25 UUFRC volunteers for the pre-Christmas food distribution. Special shout-outs to Bev Morgan, this was her one year anniversary of volunteering. Extra thanks to Carol Cross for gingerbread cookies, Martha Beetley for children’s books, and Chris ... more...
- January 23, 2019
Gretchen Woods, Chris Stovall, Steve Hill, Beth Harrison, David Vallerga, Bob
Holden, David Zarubin and Anna Dyer.
Also attending were Tanya Webster, Derby Davidson, Alex Stagner, Solveig
Zarubin and Jennifer Bahr Davidson.
1. Tanya Webster reported on the monthly newsletter and suggested that continuing the weekly email ... more...
- January 20, 2019
Six Saturdays in 2019: March 2nd, April 6th, May 4th, June 8st, August 3rd, 10am-12:30pm; September 21st, 12:30 – 3pm.
“Finding Your Spiritual Voice” was first developed and taught to members of the Live Oak UU Fellowship in Alameda (an entirely lay-led congregation) 4 years ago. ... more...
- January 19, 2019
Please join us for the 2019 W&R Pacific Central District Retreat, March 7 – 10, 2019, at the Enchanted Hills Retreat Center in the hills above Napa, California. Learn more at: womenandreligionpcd.org/2019retreat/
There will be workshops, opportunities for down time, great meals, comfy accommodations, and the ... more...
- January 17, 2019
I checked in with the Baylands Nature Center and they assured me that there are still plenty of birds wintering on the Bay. So we’ll try for a bird walk one more time: on Saturday, February 2, we’ll go out for a ... more...
- January 14, 2019
Take a deep breath. Let it out… We made it through the Holidays. And now here we are: Ready to jump into 2019. Take another deep breath!
The world we know is both troubled and seeming to spin nearly out of control, and yet breathtakingly beautiful ... more...
- January 11, 2019
Do not use any carpeted area from Monday 6am – Tuesday noon. Thanks!
- January 9, 2019
Early registration for the UUA’s General Assembly in Spokane, Washington opens March 1. This is the fabulous annual celebration and business meeting for Unitarian Universalists.
UUFRC is entitled to three GA delegates to represent us either there or virtually. For more information and to apply to ... more...
- January 3, 2019
Well here we are in
another new year. I hope everyone had a good holiday season because now it is
back to work. At our recent special congregational meeting we voted,
overwhelmingly, to ordain Ellie Kilpatrick, so look for details on that soon.
The board along
with the Transition Team ... more...
- January 3, 2019
Hello UUFRC folks,
There are still some slots available to volunteer with friends from other faith houses the morning of Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 21.
Projects include playground and garden improvement, singing, knitting and a couple of other open slots. Registration closes 1/13.
Here’s the ... more...
- December 13, 2018 Attending:
Rev. Gretchen Woods, Chris Stovall, Steve Hill, Beth Harrison, David Vallerga, Bob Holden, David Zarubin and Anna Dyer. Also attending were Leslie Vallerga, Tanya Webster and Jennifer Bahr Davidson.
Rev. Gretchen led us in a brief educational history of what it means to Ordain a minister, ... more...
- December 12, 2018 The sudden snap of frost
released the last leaves from our trees;
their lives now fully lost
they float so delicately freed
and, upon landing,
sound the crunching trumpet
How odd that sliding through them,
I am euphoric –
not lonely –
as cold opens the door to holiday cheer,
as well as meteoric
roller ... more...
- December 5, 2018 Join us for a few really good books in the new year. Our January 7 book is My Family and Other Animals by British naturalist Gerald Durrell. It tells of the time he lived on Corfu between 1935-1939. Then for February 4 we are reading ... more...
- December 1, 2018 Our Fellowship will celebrate its 60thAnniversary in 2019.
The very first meeting we ever held was on May 17, 1959. Several weeks later, on June 7, 1959, the “Unitarian Fellowship of Redwood City” was formally established. Bylaws were written, discussed, and adopted, and 42 individuals ... more...
- November 30, 2018 Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (CORA) will be the recipient of our December Share the Plate offering on Sunday December 9, 2018. Colsaria Henderson, CORA’s new Executive Director, and Carelle Karimimanesh, Board Member, will join us to tell us about their programs and be available to ... more...
- November 30, 2018 This month, I wanted to highlight one of the programs for which the Youth and Families (YAF) Committee and I are responsible: Coming of Age (COA).
COA is a year-long rite of passage for 8th-10th graders. UUFRC offers COA every two years. This church year is ... more...
- November 29, 2018 From now until our annual *Peninsula Multifaith Coalition Martin Luther King Day of Service on January 21, 2019, we will be collecting items for donations of care kits to the homeless.
Please bring your items to our Sunday services to add to the collection basket. Here ... more...
- November 29, 2018 Instead of meeting Dec 25th, the Board will hold its next meeting on January 8 at 7pm.
- November 28, 2018 At our upcoming Special Congregational meeting on Sunday 12-9-18 after the regular service we will be addressing two items. The first will be a vote on if this congregation wishes to ordain Eleanor Kilpatrick. This is something only a congregation has the privilege and responsibility ... more...
- November 28, 2018 As many of you already know, you, as the UU Fellowship of Redwood City (UUFRC), are being invited to ordain Eleanor Kilpatrick to the ministry of the Unitarian Universalist Association. Only a UU congregation has the privilege and the responsibility of choosing to convey the ... more...