from the Corresponding Secretary, Marina Rose
Attending: Bob Holden, Rev. Gretchen Woods, Marina Rose, David Zarubin, Anna Dyer, Steve Hill, David Vallerga, Lisa Conrad.
The Search committee to replace Michael, the Child Care Provider, will consist of Lisa Conrad, Derby Davidson and two members of the R.E. Committee (who will be considered and approved by the Board by email vote).
Donation of $200.00 approved for Michael Green as a Thank You for 15 years of service.
Board Development day to be taught by Jan Christian is tentatively scheduled for March 3rd, pending enrollment from other congregations.
New dishwasher is installed and will be made operational Monday Oct 30th. The building committee or MOCA will train operators in the proper procedure for using it and they will try to discourage untrained people from its use.
Quarterly “Meet the Board” – Have question or comments for the board? Come meet the board Sunday November 19th between 9:30 – 10:15am in the Front Lounge.
Preliminary auction report – the auction will bring in $2500 more than anticipated!
Gratitude & Appreciation
A Big Thank You to Jen Bahr-Davidson and Jessica Roybal for a hugely successful and very fun Annual Auction!
Thanks to Ron Hansman for donating two cases of wine for our Storytelling events.
Thank you to Cal Sloan and John Cooney for getting our new dishwasher up and running.
Thanks also to Cindy Johnson and Allen Perry for advocating for our MOCA team volunteers while the dishwasher was out of commission.
Many thanks and a farewell to Dave Reese – Dave has run our AV projection every Sunday, led Second Sunday music for a year, sung in the choir and was also instrumental in the mobile-making workshop that led to the colorful mobile hanging in the sanctuary.
WAYS TO HELP UUFRC KEEP THE LIGHTS ON
- Make an annual pledge (ideal) or contribute what you can during Sunday services.
- Employer match. If yours does this for churches – take advantage.
- Support fundraisers when you can.
- Use Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) and designate UUFRC for an automatic donation.
- Sign up at eScrip (escrip.com), and input credit card numbers and designate “Unitarian Fellowship of Redwood City” for an automatic donation when you use those cards.
- If you have an incoming bearing investment, you can set up income to go to your charity of choice as a “donor directed fund.”
Questions? See Jennifer Bahr-Davidson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Anna Dyer (email@example.com) or Geri Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org).