Summary of UUFRC Board Meeting Minutes, October 30, 2018
Rev. Gretchen Woods, Chris Stovall, Steve Hill, Beth Harrison, David Vallerga, Bob Holden David Zarubin, and Anna Dyer. Also attending were Jeanne DeShazo, Jen Bahr-Davidson, Solveig Zarubin and Cindy Johnson
- Rev. Gretchen discussed the possible Board Covenant that we discussed at the Board training in San Francisco two weeks ago.
- Derby Davidson reported there is an ad-hoc hiring committee for the Child Care Provider and he will report back next month.
- The Board approved the new Open Gate Lease.
- David Vallerga reported on the Rental Policy issues. He and Tanya are working on the detailed policy document and will present it to the Board when done.
- Ellie Kilpatrick reported that the Denominational Affairs Committee wants to change its name to the Committee on UU Engagement. The committee is working on its charter and is asking to have a Bylaws Change to open up the committee.
- Jen Davidson gave Finance Committee Recommendations: 1. Approve Brett Dyer and George Chitouras as members of the Committee. 2. As UU Sunnyvale pulled out of the Audit Swap this year, the Committee recommends that Janette and Elaine do the UUFRC audit. The Board approved.
- Bob Holden will be co-chair of the Pledge Drive as part of re-designing the year around Stewardship plan. He is planning on a series of “did you know” announcements starting with the beginning of the next year.
- Jeanne DeShazo gave a report on bylaws revisions. She suggested a “proof of concept” process to propose to the congregation at the congregational meeting in December. She also outlined a broader view of how to select members for future Board service.
- Solveig Zarubin reported on the work being done by the Transitions Committee. They are working on the questions to be asked to the Congregation to select a Search Committee.
- David Zarubin gave a brief Personnel Committee report, referencing the written report that Leslie Vallerga sent to the Board.
- Next Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 27th.