Attending: Rev. Gretchen Woods, Chris Stovall, Steve Hill, Beth Harrison, David Vallerga, Bob Holden, David Zarubin and Anna Dyer. Also attending were Tanya Webster, Derby Davidson, Alex Stagner, Solveig Zarubin and Jennifer Bahr Davidson.
1. Tanya Webster reported on the monthly newsletter and suggested that continuing the weekly email newsletter may be a better option as only one article was submitted for the monthly newsletter and few readers responded.
2. The Board approved adding the Compliance Officer position to the Corresponding Secretary role.
3. Derby Davidson reported that the YAF (Youth and Families) Committee does not want any major changes to Religious Education right now. The committee is working on internal marketing to try to increase attendance. Derby will provide a report with some additional recommendations about RE by our April meeting.
4. The Transitions Team has prepared questions for the Board and Transitions Team to use when calling the congregation in February.
5. The Board reviewed and approved the Personnel Committee Charter.
6. Alex Stagner presented the Charter for Committee for UU Engagement for discussion. The Board discussed and supports the formation of this Committee, and urges the committee to move forward, pending the submission of a Bylaws change.
7. Jen Davidson presented the Finance Committee report. The Board discussed the question about a coordinator for the Rummage Sale. The Finance Committee also suggests that the Ansel Adams Fund be terminated and the money be moved to the Futures Reserve. This will take a Congregational vote. The Board will put the issue on the Annual Meeting agenda.
8. Bob Holden presented a request for the Fellowship to purchase an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) and the reasons for it. The Board approved the request.
9. The Building Committee obtained bids for tree removal and the Board approved the lowest price bid, subject to permit, proof of Liability insurance and Workers Comp insurance.
The next UUFRC Board meeting will be Tuesday, January 29th.