Summary Board Minutes: May 26, 2020

Summary Minutes of the UUFRC Board Meeting, May 26, 2020

This meeting was conducted on Zoom as the building was closed for the COVID-19 “Shelter in Place” order and the previous decision of the Board.

Attending:  Rev. Gretchen Woods, Steve Hill, David Vallerga, David Stoutamire, Stephen Webster, Suzanne Griffin, Chris Stovall and Beth Harrison.  Also attending were David and Solveig Zarubin, Jan Johnson, John Cooney, Anna and Brett Dyer, Derby Davidson, Erika Pretell, DeeDee Stovel, Marina Rose, Tom Hagler and Polly Ragusa.

Pre meeting “re-opening for tenants” discussion:  We started at 6:00 with a discussion about rentals and risk of resuming.  There was a general agreement that all had to comply with all of the regulations of the County and State.  The building will remain closed until July 1st with the possible exception of Open Gate.  We will re-evaluate the closure date.

Rev. Gretchen presented a reading and lit a chalice.  We followed with a brief check in.

Minuutes; slate for the Board Consent Agenda:  The Minister’s Report, Admin. Report, Connections Report, DRE Report, Personnel Committee Report and the Minutes of the Previous Meeting, email vote on the Delegates and the Bookkeeper compensation, were accepted.

Erika and DeeDee gave a report on the New Minister:  They are enthused and gave us details.

Finance:  Anna reviewed.  Need decisions on 3 items:

PPP application:  The Board approved the PPP application process by email vote. Marina Rose described options.  Loan Builder application has been accepted; still working on quarterly payroll reports.  Cabbage application has been started.  She will follow up with Sonia. 

Finance Policies and Procedures: The Board sets policies, the Finance Committee sets Procedures.  The Board discussed this and decided that as the Procedures are internal to the committee there was no appropriate Board vote.  We will vote on the Policies at our meeting next month.

Budget:  Brett updated the presentation that will go to the Congregation and reviewed it with us again; we have actual income information and more complete projections for the end of the year.  Instead of $3000 short we will be 8000 over for our net income.  For next year he has projected less income due to reduced fundraisers, auction, rummage sale and boutique sale.  Because we are over on the current year the Finance Committee has projected using this to close the gap.

Bylaws Changes:  David S. has made changes after the Town Hall and will submit for the membership vote.

YAF policy document:  Derby introduced and the Board approved.  He previously emailed the proposal, responded to requested changes and made some of them.

Reopening Schedule:  Gretchen prepared a proposal, but no opening will happen while she is here.  The Board will continue to contemplate this but took no action now.

Annual Meeting Voting:  Chris went through her recap.

For the Annual Meeting once we have a quorum Greg will send out the Ballots and voting will close after 3 hours.  For the Ministerial vote, once the meeting is called to order, Greg will send Ballots and the voting will close after 1 hour.

Next meeting June 30th.  We adjourned at 9:00 PM

Respectfully submitted,

David Vallerga, Recording Secretary