Program Council Minutes December 7, 2021  7 – 8:30 p.m. via Zoom

Attendees:   Alex, Martha, Rob, Sally.  Absent:  Lori and Brian

PC Cluster Groups

Operations (Alex):  Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE

Congregational Life (Lori):  Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team

Justice and Outreach (Sally):  

Sunday Services (Martha):  MOCA, Music, Worship

Faith Formation (vacant):  Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey, Youth and Family

Governance (Rob):  Board of Trustees, Program Council, Finance, Personnel, 


November and December minutes will be reviewed at the January meeting.


Chair Update

Faith Formation cluster update:   Elizabeth Chitouras declined due to her work obligations.

COVID Task Force:  Lillian is  putting together a COVID proposal for handling services inside the building for young children.

Brian’s installation:  Alex spoke with Chris Stoval and the installation will probably be May 1.  Jessica Stoutamire will help with the logistics.  

Communications Committee:  Has met recently and discussed how the church communicates both to the outside and internally.  They feel IT should be separate.  Alex will talk with Chris again about this and the split will probably need to be displayed on the website.

Couches:  The couches are ordered from IKEA but they are out of stock currently and their arrival time is not clear yet.

Wayside Pulput:  Alex will send out the request for the next two committees which are the Worshp Committee for February/March and YAF for April/May.

Action Item Review

Buidling Committee Chair:   Rob will check on the status of getting a new chair.

Cluster Group Updates

February:  Martha for Sunday Services

March:  Alex for Faith Formation

Removal of Organ from Choir Loft

The organ has been disassembled and removed.  This allows for an extension of the technical area upstairs.

IT help during services

John Cooney reports that more IT helpers are needed for Sunday Services.  Martha has been trying to get the slots filled but it is particularly difficult during the holidays, especially for the two services Christmas Eve.


Outside Renters:  We need to define the process for outside renters.  We need to clarify the capacity of the building and details for building supervision and AV support.  Alex has received a requesrt from the Young Men;s Service organization for April 28 for 100-180 pariicipants.  Supervisors will need to be trained. There will need to be a price list for AV and building supervision as part of the fee.  Alex will set up a zoom time with Rob to dscuss these issues.  Alex will then discuss this situation with Gigi.

Yearly calendar Edits and Review:  Alex suggests changing the IT column to Program Council and move IT under Commitees.  Under Program Council in July:  discuss responsibilities like minutes and IT.

Jen Bahr-Davidson requests that all committees have their budget for 2022-23 to her by January 10.

Goals discussion will be the first item on the agenda for our January meeting.

Next meeting:

Tuesday, January 4  7 – 8:30 p.m. via zoom