Attendees: Anna, Alex, Martha, Rob, Joyce, Sally
PC Cluster Groups
Operations (Alex): Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE
Congregational Life (Joyce): Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team
Justice and Outreach (Sally): Social Action, Roosevelt Tutoring, Interfaith Food
Sunday Services (Martha): MOCA, Music, Worship
Faith Formation (Anna): Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey, Youth and Family,
Governance (Rob): Board of Trustees, Program Council, Finance, Personnel,
- Rentals: Jeanne, Peter and Alex need to meet again to plan training for sextants
- Leadership Class: Alex and Jen created a video and one will be introduced each
- Bulletin Boards: Anna took photos and measurements and will send them to us
for discussion at our April meeting. Some are maintained well and others need improvement.
Cluster Group Update (Martha): Sunday Services
- Choir: Dawn reports the choir”s choices are wildly diverse and she pays attention to the fact that children are part of the services. She has a concern that Sunday mornings before the service the choir rehearsal in the Sanctuary conflicts with the Tech rehearsal so the choir rehearses in the Social Hall. She wants to purchase a portable keyboard for Larry to use so he does not need to bring his own (cost $1,000).
- Worship Committee: Barbie mentioned they need to be consistent with the Time for All Ages. All speakers need to speak into the microphone so all can hear, including those on Zoom. Barbie suggested there be a youth led service. The Worship Committee needs new members.
- Zoom and Implementation Team: Martha suggests that they both be part of the Sunday Services Cluster.
- Youth helping with Tech: Barbie suggested the youth helping with tech be paid like the youth helping in the Block Room ($16 – $17 dollars per hour).
- Share the Plate: sometimes the presentations are too long. Suggested time is 3 – 5 minutes.
GA Delegates: Beth Eggers is an in person voting delegate. Anna is a virtual attendee and would prefer not to be a delegate but will be if needed. Rob will ask some people in the choir if they would like to be a delegate: Amy French, Marianna Raymond.
Ice Cream Social: We agreed that the Ice Cream Social is an avenue for marketing our committees and drawing new committee members but that it was too crowded this year. One suggestion was to have a table in the Social Hall once a month representing one of our committees (and not on an Action Sunday). The general agreement was to have the Ice Cream Social but utilize more areas in the church so it is not so crowded. The proposed date is September 24.
Wayside Pulpit: Martha will be the point person for the next Wayside Pulpit.
Block Room Childcare Schedule:
The following are the people who will cover the Block Room through June
Next meeting: Tuesday, April 4
Cluster update: Joyce
Minutes submitted by Sally Mentzer