Attendees: Alex, Martha, Rob, Anna, Joyce, Sally and Brian
Guest: Erika Pretell
PC Cluster Groups
Operations (Alex): Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE
Congregational Life (Joyce): Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team
Justice and Outreach (Sally): Social Action, Roosevelt Tutoring, Interfaith Food
Sunday Services (Martha): MOCA, Music, Worship
Faith Formation (Anna): Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey, Youth and Family,
Governance (Rob) Board of Trustees, Program Council, Finance, Personnel,
- PC Auction item outing: The weather cooperated, a good and nutritious lunch was served and many elephant seals were seen
- Board opening: the open spot on the Board is filled by Lori Longo.
- Rentals: We have a price list and will have a binder of information about renting. The cost is $35 an hour with a minimum of two hours. There will need to be a building supervisor there. A month’s prior notice is preferred for scheduling.
- Leadership class: Jen Bahr Davidson and Alex have created a presentation on how to run a meeting and to keep people motivated. They are recording it tomorrow. They may also have an in person session on this topic. Brian is working on three modules to be completed by the end of February. One is on the spiritual aspects of leadership, one on Hybrid meeting technology, and the last one on faith and conflict. The goal is that there will be a presentation once a month. Another goal is to align committee work with the Strategic Plan.
Considerations in cultivating committees: Chalice Reading, recruiting, motivating,
listening, appreciating, allowing minimal engagement and giving everyone a voice,\.
Relationships are a priority i running meetings.
- Marketing (Erika)
The goal of outreach and marketing is to increase the numbers in our fellowship and in particular to intentionally grow families and young adults. Word of mouth is an important
Erika and Liz Sloan are working on a marketing tool kit. As part of this process they have had small group conversations with fellowship members.
Polly, Liz and John are developing tools to help us in talking about UUFRC.
An Ambassador Program is being created to train volunteers be proactive with people they know who may be interested in attending UUFRC. A specific day is being created for members to bring a friend to church.
We will have a parent ed mini series with professional speakers will advertise it with Open Gate and also on Next Door.
- Cluster Group updates
Operations was scheduled for this month but was not presented.
For the March meeting Martha and Sally will present on their clusters.
- Bulletin Boards
We discussed improving the way we use our Bulletin Boards. A suggestion was made to have information for RE parents in the main hallway. The Social Hall would be a good place for Staff and Board photos as well as advertising events.
- GA attendees
Beth Eggers will go in person as a delegate and Anna Dyer will be a virtual delegate. Joyce will follow up with Jen Gill regarding her possible interest.
We need to tell Gigi who registers and submit the names to the Board. After they return they can submit their allowable expenses for reimbursement.
- Wayside Pulpit
We want to find an individual to coordinate the Wayside Pulpit. Alex would be glad to explain the details to this person, Brian will do the Wayside Pulpit for March and it will rotate by committee. Gigi can get it printed.
- Sextants (Building Supervisors)
These will perhaps be young adults from outside UUFRC. The opening can be announced at our fellowship, San Mateo Unitarian, Palo Alto Unitarian, the Women’s Club, Episcopal Church, 7th Day Adventist, San Carlos Presbyterian Church. They will need to be trained.