Program Council Meeting Minutes February 1, 2022

UUFRC Program Council Minutes   February 1, 2022   7:00 – 8:30pm  zoom

Attendees:  Alex, Lori, Martha, Rob, Sally    Absent:  Brian

PC Cluster Groups

Operations (Alex):  Building, Committee on Ministries, Communications, CUUE

Congregational Life (Lori):  Caring, Connections, Pastoral Care Team

Justice and Outreach (Sally):  Roosevelt Tutoring, Social Action, Interfaith

Sunday Services (Martha):  MOCA, Music, Worship

Faith Formation (Alex, interim):  Chalice Circles, The Learning Journey, Youth and

Family

Governance (Rob):  Board of Trustees, Program Council, Personnel,

Stewardship

January minutes were approved.

Chair Update

Program Council Slide:  Alex will make a slide about the role of the Program Council.  The slide will be shown for 15 seconds at the beginning of each service.

COVID Task Force:  Services will be online through February.

OWL:  Will begin in early March.

Rental Task Force:  Rob, Martha, Alex and Gigi met.  They are planning to have a place on google drive where all relevant documents will be stored.

Scheduling update:  Many stakeholders have discussed the scheduling of UUFRC’s upcoming events.  The confirmed dates are:

Mini Auction:  March 13-20

Pledge Drive:  April 10-17

Town Meeting:  April 24

Brian’s Installation:  May 1 (Jessica is leading but needs a partner.  Suggestion is to

have someone from the Worship Committee)

Annual Meeting:  May 22

Fall Auction:  October 16-23

Retreat:  November 11-13

Action Item Review

Martha:  Wayside Pulpit is covered by the Worship Committee for February/March and 

YAF for April/May

Alex created the following list of the responsibilities of the Program Council Chair:

  • Prepare agenda for monthly meetings
  • Be contact person for any PC business
  • Keep relevant parties apprised of any PC actions
  • Lead the meetings
  • With the administrator assure that any approved meeting minutes

are accessible on our site

  • Assure PC representation on Ad Hoc Committees
  • Write fellowship communications for important PC decisions 

when necessary

  • Asking people to take on significant responsibilities

Cluster Group Updates

Rob contacted the Finance Committee and reported that Rob Versluis is their contact person.

Martha:

Sunday Services:  Dawn reports virtual services continue to be a challenge with choir 

members having varying opinions about them.  She works well with Larry. She needs 

            another alto!

For the Worship Committee Rob Versluis is the contact person but they share other

responsibilities.  They had a retreat scheduled but canceled it because of COVID.

MOCA is not operating currently because of COVID but all teams are full and will be

ready when we reopen.

Planning

Budget requests followup:  Rob went to the Finance Committee Meeting and learned

we are looking at a possible $30,000 deficit.  This is contingent on pledges.  We have

$15,000 in reserves which can help offset a deficit.

Youth and Families Task Force:  It is making good progress and will give a report

to the fellowship in March.

Discussion

Anti-Racism ethos:  The Board is still discussing the book White Supremacy as part of its strategy to focus on Justice and Inclusion.  The other two areas of focus are:  streamlining administration and shared leadership.

Planning

PC Leadership:  Martha and Lori may go off next year as their two year terms will be up.  Martha suggested that Alex contact someone on the Worship Committee to be the next Sunday Services Liaison.  Next month we will decide on a model for leadership which involves dividing the responsibilities but not rotating the contact person.

Action items

Rob will check with the Building Committee to see who is the current chair.

Alex will check with Brian on Leadership Training.

Alex will check with the Worship Committee to see who will be the Sunday Services liaison for the coming year.

Next meeting

Tuesday, February 1

7:00 pm  Zoom

Minutes submitted by Sally Mentzer