“This is no time for a casual faith.”
–Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray, UUA President
Dear friends in faith,
We at the Pacific Western Region of the UUA invite you to come to San Diego on July 2nd to participate in a justice action with our partner, Mijente. Our faith calls us to not be silent, or still, while the Trump Administration separates and jails families. We cannot be idle while the US Attorney from San Diego implements Operation Streamline, a travesty of justice that has existed in the Tucson border sector since 2005, turning immigrants into criminals en masse. We cannot abide with “Zero Tolerance” because we know what it means and who it impacts. Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray, Side of Love, and the UUA General Assembly have called us to act.
Join us Monday, July 2nd. RSVP via Side of Love.
Can’t make it to San Diego in person? We offer many ways you can help:
- Donate to Mijente’s #FreeOurFuture work support to make sure that frontline young people, immigrants (many undocumented), Indigenous folks, and other working-class folks who otherwise would not be able to attend, are there.
- UU Justice Ministry of California is raising money to subsidize UUs of color’s participation in conjunction with Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism. Visit their website to donate. (You can request forms via the Side of Love RSVP form, above.)
- Learn more about ICE and how they are harming our communities.
- Follow, amplify and share widely information about Mijente’s #AbolishICE #ShutDownSessions #FreeOurFuture campaign.
- Show your support publicly! RSVP on Mijente’s Facebook Page.
In the spirit of love, and with hope that love conquers all,
Rev. Sarah Gibb Millspaugh and the entire Pacific Western Region team
June 26, 2018
PS. This just in: Mijente is coordinating buses from Los Angeles, Orange County and Tucson.