March 31, 2019
Transgender Day of Visibility, held every March 31, is described as “an annual day commemorating the accomplishments and successes of trans people, as well as encouraging trans people to take up space and be visible. It aims to bring attention to the accomplishments of trans people around the globe while fighting cissexism and transphobia by spreading knowledge of the trans community.” (from jccsf.org)
For more information,
- Great resources to learn more about Transgender Visibility Day
- Local event: Transgender Asylum Seekers in the Bay Area, March 28, 7pm. For more info and tickets (free), see https://www.jccsf.org/arts-ideas/transgender-asylum-seekers/.
- Local event: “Celebrating Authentic Bodies: Breaking Barriers” SFTDOV event, March 29 6-9pm, awards, appetizers. Somarts Gallery, San Francisco. https://sfcommunityhealth.org/venue/somarts-gallery/
- Local event: South Bay Trans Day of Visibility, San Jose. Saturday March 30, 1-6pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/215483439391563/
- Subscribe to the quarterly email UPLIFT, the newsletter from the UUA’s LGBTQ Ministries.
- Contact the UUFRC office for more local LGBTQ+ services and programs in San Mateo county.