COVID Safety Policy
Covid Protocols as of 4-15-22
For All UUFRC Activities in the Building:
Everyone, including youth and children 5 years of age and older, should always:
- Affirm they are fully vaccinated, booster encouraged. We will not require proof but will verbally confirm due to the lower Covid risk now.
- Affirm they have not tested positive for COVID in the last two weeks.
- Affirm they have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid the last two weeks.
Children under the age of 2 are not allowed in the building at this time.
Children ages 2 – 4 are only allowed in the Block Room during Sunday Service. They are not allowed in the Sanctuary or other parts of the building at this time.
General Building Use – other than Sunday between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm:
-Building users can decide their own mask requirements, however, vaccine requirements and covid symptom affirming still applies for all UUFRC activities (see above).
-No vaccination requirements for renters
-The Office Administrator is the keeper of the room schedule and has final say on allocations.
For Sunday Services – Sundays between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm:
-Masks are required for all in the building, except when speaking at the pulpit or a single performer from the chancel (see live music performances below). This is due to the presumed larger number of people present.
-Children ages 2 through 4 are welcome to go to UUFRC’s childcare room – the Block Room – during services. For safety:
- Children need to be masked
- Parents or guardians need to verify their child does not have any COVID related symptoms
- Parents or guardians will notify us if their child tests positive within 72 hours of being in the building
- The Block Room has good ventilation, sanitation measures, and vaccinated childcare workers are always present
-MOCA will provide a light refreshment service of offering coffee, tea, and water. When the service concludes, people may enter the social hall – fully masked – grab a refreshment and enjoy it outdoors visiting with others without a mask. Please stay socially distanced. Carts will be outside to place your cup when you are finished. This service will be weather permitting.
For Live Music Performances:
-Single singer or instrumental performer without a mask at a dedicated mic is permitted from the chancel, to provide distance from others.
-Instrumental performers can play anywhere in the building but must be masked.
-Choir may perform anywhere in the building but must be masked.
-Congregants are permitted to sing along but must be masked.
For Other Large UUFRC Events:
The Sunday Service Protocol is in place. For now, please check in with the Covid task force if you have a question about if your event is ‘large’. Examples of ‘large’ events are the Townhall meeting, Installation, and Annual Meeting. Additional guidance will be forthcoming.