Family Activities at UUFRC
The Youth & Family Committee sponsors family events throughout the year. Please check the Youth and Family Upcoming Events page for more information. These events include:
October. Pizza in the Park. Come meet other UUFRC families over pizza! Great time for parents to get to know each other, ask questions, set up playdates while the kids run around and play in the playground.
December. Holiday Lights Walk. Celebrate the season by viewing the holiday lights on Eucalyptus Avenue! We’ll have holiday refreshments available. All are welcome.
January. Game Night. Join us for pizza and fun games for all ages! All are welcome. Co-sponsored by Connections Committee.
February. Spaghetti Dinner. The Youth & Family Committee along with the UUFRC youth host this fundraiser to raise money for the education of a Nepalese child we are sponsoring through ANSWER. It’s a fun evening with good food donated by the congregation and lively conversation and maybe even a little music to lift our spirits.
May. End of Year BBQ & Potluck. Come celebrate another fun-filled family year at UUFRC! Enjoy great food, great friends and kid activities.
Find a Buddy Family
To help new families feel welcome and better connected, we are offering to pair them with an established UUFRC family. Buddy families make time to periodically meet with the new family (like lunch after church) and frequently check in with them about how they are doing and answer questions.
If you would like to be (or find out more about being) a buddy family, or would like to be assigned a buddy family, please contact Derby.
Resources for UU Families
- UU World Family Pages Archive (free family pages with activities and stories that tie into discussions of faith)
- Growing Young Justice-Makers (UUA)
- Blue Boat Blog (Youth Voices)
- A Lamp in Every Corner: A UU Storybook (Amazon)
- Tending the Flame: The Art of UU Parenting (Amazon)
- A Child’s Book of Blessings and Prayers (UUA Bookstore)
- Growing Young Spirits: Poems and Activity book for beginning readers (UUA Bookstore)
- How to Bury a Goldfish (UUA Bookstore)
- Thoughts about family time (UUA)