At the UU Fellowship of Redwood City, we strive to be good neighbors and helpful friends. We partner or work with many worthy charitable organizations and schools, to further promote their mission. We appreciate our connections with our community and reach out with helping hands.
Distributing Food to Hungry Families
Twice each month we help Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley distribute food to families here in San Mateo County. If you would like to volunteer, contact email@example.com
- Second Friday, 9:30-11:30 AM: Fair Oaks Community Center, 2600 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City, CA 94063.
- Fourth Saturday, 7:15-9:30 AM: Nesbit Elementary School, 500 Biddulph Way, Belmont, CA 94002. (In conjunction with volunteers from the Yaseen Foundation.)
Sharing the Plate with Our Neighbors
Each year since 2006, the Social Action Committee solicits nominations for non-profit organizations to which the UU Fellowship will give one week’s Sunday collection. Usually they are local organizations in which one or more of our members is actively involved. After the annual meeting, members and friends choose which groups will receive funds during the upcoming year.
Each month during the year, one of the selected organizations provides a brief presentation during the service and a collection is taken for their cause.
Please donate to support the following organizations during FY2020 – 2021:
- September 27, Center for Common Ground
- October 18, Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse
- November 15, GRIP Training Institute
- December 20, HIP Housing
- January 17, Sequoia High School Dream Club
- February 21, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
- March 21, Upward Scholars
- April 18, Roosevelt Outdoor Education
- May 16, Open Gate Nursery School
- June 20, Sonrisas Dental Health
And here’s what we gave to seven worthy organizations last year:
- Dream Club $8635
- Insight Out $2106
- Upward Scholars $1887
- Second Harvest Food Bank $1410
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse $1239
- JobTrain $1204
- Redwood City Educational Foundation $1148
- Rape Trauma Services $902
For a total of $18,532!