Our UUFRC Book Discussion Group is a great way to read some fiction or nonfiction that you might not choose on your own. I’ve learned so much from the interesting talks we’ve had on a wide range of topics. Just look at our line-up for the beginning of this year…there are so many great books!
We meet in the back lounge on the first Monday of each month at 7:30 pm. Everyone is welcome. Most of our titles are available at Kepler’s with a 20% discount.
2020 books so far are:
- January 6: Red Notice by Bill Browder
- February 3: The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- March 8: Any book by Toni Morrison. It sounds tricky to have a discussion about several different books but it’s easier than you think and fun and interesting, too.
- March 29, noon, in the Sanctuary, All Fellowship Read: Climate, A New Story by Charles Eisenstein
- May 4: Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Come to our meeting March 8 to talk about Toni Morrison’s writings and help us choose books for the coming months.