Board Meeting Minutes for January 4, 2021 (for December 2021 Meeting)

Attendees:  Chris Stoval, Rev. Brian Ferguson, Polly Ragusa, Rob Davis, Dick Edminster, Peter Hartzell, Jeanne De Shazo, Tovis Page

Call to order
Chalice lighting; Opening words; A moment of centering
Opening & Closing Words Rotation
Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
Anti-Racism Learning: Increase our understanding and begin to incorporate these practices into our work. Read each section prior and have a few thoughts to share. 
Purpose: Raise Awareness
Oct: Progress p.16 Nov: Perfectionism Dec: Individualism and I’m the Only One Jan: Attendees” Feb: PR Pick Mar: RD Pick Apr: TP Pick May: CS Pick June: DE Pick
Strategic Discussion Focus on the strategic issues of the church to provide direction and guidance.
Topic: Three Culture Values The board retreat culture subgroup (Peter, Tovis, Polly) 
Next Potential Strategic Topics San Mateo sharing resources. Lot can be done remotely. Communication person, Admin, RE. Social Justice position for SM county. Cons-loss sense of ID of congregation.  Lose SAC individualism. Take it up a level as to UU. Program Council RE Visioning Update (or under Ops)
Consent Agenda  Purpose: Information and approval based on the written documents without discussion needed. Items may be pulled out if desired.  
Reports should include desired actions for the board, support needed, any concerns and updates relevant to church functioning.
Last BOT Meeting Minutes – received Connections Committee Report  – received DRE Report  – Finance Committee Report  – received Administrator’s Report Personnel Report – received Email Votes – Personnel Manual, 2019-2020 Annual Financial Report  ???
Operations-Board OversightGive a high level update and address matters needing board attention.
Personnel Update (Peter)
Finance Update (Dick) 

Pledge Drive goal? Ask Finance to do some analysis and weigh in based on current status and projected financial needs.
Program Council Update (Rob)
Task Force Updates Covid TF (Polly)  Polly wants to bwe relieved
RE Visioning TF (Tovis)
Strategic TF (Polly)
Operations-General Address business that has come before the board.
Request for AV funds (see 3 documents from John Coney)[Approved.]
Polly R. not present by this time. Approved expenditure $1,457 for the AV project including $857 for a new laptop and $600 for loft reconstruction.

Pending actions: Action Items Review from the previous board meeting (Jeanne)

Wrap UpBoard CommunicationsProvide continual communication with the congregation to provide transparency and invite collaboration. What do we want to communicate out this month? How? Who?

Thank You Notes Recognition and proposals for “Thank You” notes. Natalie (Brian’s partner) for running video on Xmas Eve
Action Items (Jeanne) Recap of action items to come from this meeting.
December Meeting Calendar Items for December
Remind those involved that staff evaluations due by Feb Board mtg.
Vote to confirm minister’s housing allowance.
Publicize Leadership School for second semester (fyi replaced by, update: apparently back on?
BoT Meeting – January 25th, 7-9pm, Peter Hartzell’s House 
Closing Circle