- April 12 and 26, 9:30-12pm – Distribute food to hungry families in San Mateo County at Fair Oaks Adult Activity Center, 2600 Middlefield Rd., Redwood City
- April 14 and 21, 11:30am – Write letters to our representatives in support of:
- AB 1799-Shift away from natural gas
- AB 40-Create strategy for clean cars by 2040
- April 24, 7pm – Fossil-Free Midpeninsula meeting. Menlo Spark will present Fossil-Free Buildings campaign.
- April 27, 7-10am – Distribute food at the Yaseen Foundation, 621 Masonic Way, Belmont
- Before May 1, 9pm – Submit nominees for Share the Plate 2019-2020. Here’s how: https://www.uufrc.org/nominate-candidates-for-share-the-plate-by-may-1/
- May 7, 3pm – Meet with Supervisors Pine and Slocum with the goal of persuading the Board to adopt an ordinance to prevent the sheriff from cooperating with ICE.
- May 7, 7pm – Green New Deal presentation at Riconada Library, 1213 Newell Rd. in Palo Alto
- May 8, 6-8pm – Sort food at Second Harvest Food Bank, 1051 Bing St., San Carlos. Sign up online: https://shfb.tfaforms.net/27?tfa_4=GR-15697
- May 19, 12:30pm – Vote for Share the Plate recipients
- June 30 – Jazz concert to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank
Please come to our Social Action Committee meetings the first Sunday at noon in the Back Lounge. The next meeting is May 5. All are welcome! — Debbie Mytels, Chairperson